P.A.A.C. – People Assisting Animal Control is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation formed under the laws of the State of Texas in August 2010.
Our mission is to promote responsible pet ownership, improve the lives of pets in our community, and reduce the number of unwanted and stray animals entering our shelters.
How can we achieve this?
Affordable and subsidized pet sterilization programs; Low cost vaccinations and preventative veterinary care;
Community outreach, basic pet supplies, pet food, and education on animal care.
When you donate to P.A.A.C., your money goes directly to our organization to achieve our mission. We pride ourselves on our careful distribution of funding to make sure we are able to help the most animals possible. Our financial records are available to donors upon request.
P.A.A.C. is comprised of a full board of directors and officers including president, vice president, treasurer, and secretary. The majority of our members are business owners who are highly invested in the Corpus Christi community and welfare of our city.
PAAC now has a low cost vacccination clinic and a high volume spay and neuter clinic located at 5804 Ayers. The land use is being donated by Chubby’s Mattress. Corpus Christi needs approximately 131,000 spays and neuters to decrease the pet overpopulation. PAAC will now be able to ensure over 6,000 spays and neuters will be done each year. This is the solution to pet overpopulation.
Our programs include:
- High Volume Spay/Neuter Clinic – average about 600/month
- Low Cost Wellness – vaccine/prevention – about 500/month
- Outreach – partner with AC to go into community and provide spays/neuters for residents in need
- Target Spay/Neuter – why target?
- Pet Retention Program – partner with AC to keep people with their pets instead of being impounded
- TNR – Trap, Neuter, Return of feral/stray/community cats
- Animeals – Provide food for elderly and disable people on Meals & Wheels
- Food Bank – FREE Pet Food as long as their pets are spayed/neutered (done at no charge by us)
- Adoptions – Cat Only and Only from Animal Control and cats are taken to Petco
- Dog Training – Open to Anyone, FREE Seminar
- Specials for target animals – most common animals that enter animal control are cats, lab/lab mixes, pitbull/pitbull mixes, and chihuahua/chihuahua mixes
- Thank you for your support!